Selling a property in Jamaica, can be a scary process, if you do not have the right Real Estate Professional by your side. Thank God, I am here to assist you!
When selling real estate, every owner wants the same thing – the best possible price with the least amount of hassle and aggravation. Doing business in today’s real estate world requires experience and training in such fields as: real estate marketing, financing, negotiation and closing – all of which I possess.
HOW DOES THE SALE PROCESS WORK?
- All you need to do is pick up the phone and give me a call at 1-876-862-5848. I can also be contacted via whatsapp, text messaging, email email@example.com My website at www.paulasellsjamaica My Facebook Business Page https://www.facebook.com/PaulaSellsRealEstate/ After which, I will schedule an appointment with you, at your earliest convenience, to view your property. After I have viewed your property, I will go back to my office and research your property and present you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). A CMA in the simplest of terms, is a valuation which a Professional Real Estate Agent does, which gives you a suggested price, at which to list your property for sale, by comparing your property with all the properties which have sold in recent time and which are currently on the market for sale in your area. After I present you with your CMA, I will also present you with my customized Marketing Plan for your property. This is my guideline on how, I will get your property sold, for the most amount of money, in the shortest possible time.
- Your Marketing Plan may include, but is not limited to: newspaper advertising, magazine advertising, web-listing, social media advertising, signage, open houses, networking with other Sales Associates or real estate companies and other appropriate marketing strategies.
- We will agree on a listing price, that will ensure that your property is competitive with others for sale in your surrounding area.
- We will discuss the Listing Agreement and the length of the Agreement. Then we will sign to what we have agreed upon.
- The house will need to be in “show” condition before being placed on the market, so we will also discuss what will need to be done, if anything, before your property goes up on the Multiple Listing System (MLS), where it will be syndicated to thousands of websites across the world. Our goal is to make your home as attractive as possible to prospective purchasers, which will shorten the time it will be on the market and increase the chances of us getting top dollar for your property.
- After your house is placed on the market and we have done numerous showings to prospective purchasers and obtained an Offer to Purchase from an interested buyer. I will explain the Offers details to you and help you to negotiate the best possible price we will be able to get for your property.
- After we have agreed on a Sales Price with the Purchasers, I will turn over all documentation to your Attorney, who will prepare a “Sales Agreement” for both you and the buyer to sign. The buyer will be required to pay a minimum deposit of 10% of the purchase price upon signing this agreement.
- Both attorneys then begin the process of transferring the title, this includes the payment of stamp duties and transfer taxes
- The balance of the purchasing price is due upon the closing of the sale
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SELL A PROPERTY?
- If the buyer’s purchase is financed by a mortgage from a Jamaican financial institution, the average time to complete the sale is approximately 120 Days or 4 months from the signing of the Sales Agreement. However, please bear in mind, this is not always the case. This time frame may be extended because of situations beyond anyone’s control.
- The period of closing for a cash purchase is determined by the buyer and the seller. However, this can be as quickly as 30-45 days depending.
WHAT ARE THE COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH SELLING A PROPERTY?
- Government transfer taxes & registration fees (5% and 0.5% respectively of the selling price)
- Government stamp duty (4% of the purchase price), which is shared equally between seller and buyer
- Real Estate Sales Commission (approximately 5% to 7%)
- Attorneys fees (approximately 3% of purchase price, or as negotiated)
I hope you found this information useful/helpful. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I can be reached via the comments section below, LinkedIn direct message, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp at 1-876-862-5848. Please feel free to send me a LinkedIn Invitation to connect & join my network.
Source: Paula Roper Bacchas is a Realtor Associate at Century 21 Heave-Ho Properties. Located at 31 Upper Waterloo Road, Suite 10, Kingston 10, Jamaica West Indies . You can contact me at 1-876-862-5848, Send me an Invitation to Connect on LinkedIn, Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PaulaSellsRealEstate/?ref=hl or visit my website at www.paulasellsjamaica.com or email at email@example.com